Adaptogenic Hot Chocolate
Adaptogens are a group of plants which possess adaptive properties, meaning in nature they respond and adapt well to harsh conditions, and they support us in a similar way. Adaptogens help to balance, restore and protect the body, supporting our hormonal health, energy levels and immune system. Today we are sharing a nourishing adaptogenic hot chocolate recipe from Tuulia at Wellberries featuring our Organic fermented supplements, which we think is the perfect Autumnal warmer.
Adaptogenic Hot Chocolate (Serves 2)
- 6 Tbsp Cashew nuts
- 100ml + about 200ml water
- 3-4 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2-2.5 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 2 capsules of Ashwagandha Alive
- 2 capsules of Cognitive
Cashew cream and raw chocolate (if desired)
1. Put the nuts into the blender, with 100ml of water. Blend until you have a soft cashew cream. Remove a couple of spoonfuls of the cream for decoration, and add the rest (about 200ml) of the water into the blender. Blend to a smooth, silky “milk”.
2. Add all the other ingredients, except the fermented supplements into the blender and mix until smooth. Taste and add some dates if you want the hot chocolate to be sweeter. Pour into a pan and gently warm. When warmed through, open the Ashwagandha and Cognitive capsules and mix with the drink. Decorate with cashew cream and some grated raw chocolate, and enjoy!
3. You can of course skip the cashew cream – but we think it makes this adaptogenic hot chocolate extra decadent and delicious.
This warming elixir is the perfect coffee replacement during the day, or it makes a nourishing drink to curl up and unwind with in the evening. It’s a hug in a mug to nourish your body and soothe your soul