5 Reasons to Try Milk Thistle Alive
Although you might be familiar with taking Milk Thistle as a remedy after a heavy night, this traditional herb has many benefits, here are 5 reasons we think you should give our Organic fermented milk thistle alive a try…
- Healthy Digestion: Milk Thistle is an excellent herb for digestive support. It is a cholagogue, meaning it helps to get bile flowing, and bile is important for our digestive function, motility and detoxification.
- Over-indulgence: Too many nights out, or frequent indulging in rich foods can leave you feeling sluggish, and not on top form. Milk thistle is highly regarded as a liver tonic during times of overindulgence and also to support healthy liver function.
- Detoxification: Milk thistle helps to support our livers detoxification function, protecting the liver cells and supporting the regeneration and renewal of liver cells, as well as normalising liver enzymes.
- Problem Skin: Due to its powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and liver supporting effects Milk Thistle could be beneficial for problem skin conditions like acne. One study found a decrease in total acne lesions by 53% with silymarin, the active constituent of milk thistle.
- Allergies: Milk Thistle’s benefits for immunity and liver detoxification means it has potential benefits for allergy sufferers. Lab tests have shown that Silymarin in Milk Thistle helps to keep the immune system from producing new T-cells which can trigger inflammation, as well as stopping mast cells from releasing histamine which causes allergenic symptoms.
We use the ancient art of fermentation to activate the herb into a far superior form. We ferment the finest organic Milk Thistle using a month long fermentation containing 35 select species of micro-organisms from kefir and kombucha cultures. This activation delivers the complete synergy of the whole herb within a living food matrix for exceptional vitality and bio-availability.